Tempe Garden Club
Formed in 1936, Tempe Garden Club continues its commitment to beautify the City of Tempe through flowers and friendships. We have planted petunias along Mill Avenue, been planners and stewards of various Tempe parks, and honored fallen heroes in a Blue Star Memorial. From 2003 to 2007 we raised and donated funds to the City for the Tempe Garden Club Pavilion at Tempe Town Lake, which was dedicated in the fall of 2007 and bears plaques memorializing prominent club members who have passed on. We look back with pride and look ahead with anticipation in carrying on the traditions of the Tempe Garden Club.
Our Goals include:
1) To learn about horticulture and floral design.
2) To give our community plants, trees and flowers for its enjoyment.
3) To share our seeds, cuttings and plants.
4) To be good stewards of the earth, beginning with our homes, gardens and community.
5) To learn more about birds, lawns, trees, flowers and gardens.
6) To honor long-term members through honorariums and memorials.
7) To make lasting friendships as we share these common goals.
MEETING DAYS / TIMES
We typically meet at the Pyle Adult Recreation Center on the third Friday of the month, 9:30 am. However, certain months we meet other days and times, and we also have field trips scheduled on certain Tuesdays. Please see our Meetup page for a description of upcoming events.